Latmos School’s aims are as follows:
- For all stakeholders to work together, with the common aim of providing the best possible outcomes for our children.
- To provide our children with excellent teaching that will ensure they make good progress each year.
- To encourage and enable our children to be enthusiastic and active learners who have the confidence to try something new and strive to be the best that they can be.
- To provide a range of opportunities to enrich our children’s experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- To ensure that our children are proud members of the community and that this is reflected in their attitude and behaviour.
- To promote and celebrate diversity and success in the community.
- To give each voice within the school community the opportunity to contribute to shaping the future of our school.
- To be a valued and active part of the local community.
In recent years, we have 5 key areas of school development:
- Attendance – To maximise teaching and learning time through good attendance and punctuality.
- Behaviour – To celebrate consistent behaviour and ensure that children are ready to learn throughout the day.
- Challenge – To ensure that all children are provided with opportunities that challenge them in their learning.
- Disadvantaged pupils – To broaden the experiences of the disadvantaged pupils.
- Enrichment – To provide our children with opportunities to apply, embed and extend their knowledge and understanding and develop their skills of independent and self-motivated learning.
At Latmos, we promote the well-being of all our pupils through supporting children’s understanding of the importance of a healthy lifestyle. It is our aim that all children leave our school physically literate, that they enjoy participating in at least one physical activity and they have had the opportunity to experience positive memorable and meaningful physical activities.
PE at Latmos will develop the whole child including attitudes to learning. Our work will give each pupil equal opportunities to develop skills for life such as perseverance. Throughout all of our teaching, we aim to develop physical skills and a positive attitude towards physical activity so pupils develop a life-long passion for physical activity and a healthy lifestyle.